Friday, January 03, 2014

Mr. No Post

Buffy told me over Christmas break that I never post anymore.  That is true.  Somehow over the years I have wondered away from posting on my blog.  I first started this blog because it was the thing to do.  You know....technological peer pressure.  I think you know what I am talking about.

How many of you have Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Hootsuite, Four Square, Instagram, SnapChat and a blog?  Of those accounts how many do you use?  Probably fewer than you have.  Years ago I wanted to be on the cutting edge of social media and the such.  So the blog was created. 

My life hasn't changed.  It is still as interesting as any time but my motivation to inform the world (through blogging) has decreased.  I have went other avenues such as Twitter and Facebook.  My Twitter feed is located on the blog now to inform you of my exploits.

Back to a blog post...

My life has been on a steady pace.  The one thing I take the most pride in is my family.  The Hughes house is always full of happenings.  So maybe I can give a short rundown there. 

Micah - He is 14 now and growing so fast.  He is still into theatre and drawing but has been interested in martial arts.  We hope to have him enrolled in classes this year.  I still see him as a little guy but I know he is becoming a young man.  I am very proud of the guy he has become and count it a blessing to be his father.  God has entrusted us with Micah and I think we have done well.

Abbi - She is now 12 and well on her way to becoming a teen.  Her interest in things are beginning to change.  Abbi still seems to be interested in soccer but shopping draws a close second.  She is also our memory bank.  If I need to be reminded of something she is the one.  I am certain she gets that from her mother.  She has a heart for those with special needs and has a gift.  I pray God continues to give her that passion. 

Hannah - Hannah (10) is now in ballet and so graceful.  She is such a little mother and often times places others needs above hers.  Many see her as our quite one but in our house that is different.  Hannah is full of giggles and quick wit at times.  She is very interested in horses and knows many by name. God has placed a kind and warm heart in Hannah.  For that I am grateful.

Chloe - She is our little ball of energy.  She loves ballet but also talks about soccer.  Although she is the youngest she doesn't let that stop her.  She is determined to do the same things her big sisters do.  Chloe still likes to hold hands while we walk down a street or parking lot.  At times I forget that Chloe is 7.  Her energy is often contagious and I can't help but be excited when she is. 

Now for Buffy - Boy is she busy!  Buffy is a wife, mother, teacher, accountant, financial planner, organizer, chef and the word etcetera would fit here.  If you know Buffy then you already know these things.  One of the coolest things lately is she has taken up running.  I say that because I run and now we can do a 5K together.  This may seem simplistic to many but it is something else we can do together.  Buffy and I are pretty much a team in everything and that is the way I like it. 

Me - Well I won't bore you with that.  Just follow my Twitter account...lol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay focused brother, God provides!

Mr. Post (şlićk1)