Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Older kids Birthdays

Micah and Abbi both have birthdays this week.  It is cool and scary at the same time.  Each one is coming into their own personality now.  The childhood mentality is starting to fade and teen life is moving in.

Micah is now 14 years old now and truly becoming a little man.  I say little in the terms of age.  He is about to meet me in height.  I have aggravated that I will soon be able to wear his shirts.  He doesn't like that idea.  Where did the time go?  People told me it would go by fast when he was a baby.  I think I was too sleep deprived to care. 

Abbi will be turning 12.  All of the sudden her attention has turn to style and less about play.  What does she want?  Clothes and shoes.  It hasn't been that long that she was wanting Barbie's and such.  My little 5lb. 8oz. girl has now blossomed into a preteen.  She is still a daddy's girls so that is good.

So October is at an end and things are just getting geared up at the Hughes house.  The holidays are upon us.  I welcome the fun but not the weather.


* I am going to attempt to blog a little more about the family.  I realize it is more for me than anyone else.

No comments: