Sunday, May 01, 2011

Abbi's soccer skills

I must first mention that my middle girl Hannah is learning soccer as well. Hannah is doing well and needs a coach that actually teaches them something. The phrase "kick it" is not a common soccer coach technique. Hannah's skills continue to increase and I am equally as proud of her as Abbi.

Today I had two people which I do not know that well brag on Abbi's soccer ability. One of them is a co-worker at MCU. She has a niece on another team and explained that she thought my daughter was good and FAST. That second person was actually at the game today. I ran into a guy I graduated with at MCU and we began to talk. I finally asked him where his daughter was and he pointed her out. She was on our team and he asked me which one was mine. I pointed Abbi out and he said "She's goooood". I smiled and said thanks.

Well Abbi's team won yet again today. It was 8-2 and Abbi scored a goal. She is actually a better defender (which she hates) but ran the length of the field for a score. At the very end of the game Abbi was in the process of taking the ball from the other team and was knocked down. Abbi didn't get up and rolled up into a ball. We ran out on the field and she had already gotten up. She didn't cry until she saw us rushing out there. She is now sporting a nice bruise on the back of her leg.

No comments: