Friday, April 27, 2007

I am getting too old for stuff.

Last night we had a youth open gym night. I had decided to hold off until the last minute to play basketball. We had Ping-Pong, ladder ball and washers to play. So I did that for the majority of the night. Then at the end the ole' man went in to play some B-ball. The first thing we played was 21 which I ended with 9 points. Then it was on to 3 on 3. About a few minutes into the game our 3 person dropped out. So we went on to play with 2 anyway. The game was suppose to go to 20. I was drilling 3's and some inside shots as well. Then came the incident. I was going for a reverse, and I had it too. One of my youth that will remain nameless plowed me over. It fell flat on my face and never recovered in the game. When I was younger I would have been able to jump right back up and play like nothing ever happened. Instead, I lost my breath and couldn't muster up enough energy to guard them anymore.

Last night I went to bed with Aleve in my system and icy hot on my body. I took a hot bath before all of this as well. This morning I woke up and could barely get my sore body out of the bed. I then proceed to head to the bathroom for another hot shower. Afterward I took some more Aleve and went to work. Right now as I sit in my office I am sore and tired. I have come to the realization that I am getting too old for this stuff.

...and he walks away from the computer limping.

No comments: