Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sorry Wal--Mart (lol)

In my quest for a business management degree I have put together many papers. Some of my most favorite ones to write were about Wal-Mart. After working for them for 6 1/2 years and then studying them I have realized many things. First they have strayed away from Sam's original values and statements. Second they have let money get the best of them. Finally cooperate Wal-Mart is actual so detached from it's stores it would have no idea how to run one or what they might look like inside.

Right now I am going over past papers in search for some more information about their pay standards. There is so many different cases out there about this it should cause Wal-Mart to wake up. I doubt they do simply because it is so wealthy that it pretty much dictates everything. It is sad because this company has so much great potential with the right leadership they would thrive. Here are just a few of the cases I site:

Dukes v Wal-Mart Stores, Inc
Savaglio v. Wal-Mart Stores, C-835687.
Presley v Wal-Mart Stores
, Inc.
Fiorenzi v Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.


Sam focused on customer, associate and community and he lived those ideals. Wake up Wal-mart! Watch out or there will be a chance that you will not survive much longer. Even King Solomon himself (richest king) allowed his lifestyle and focus to get off. Eventually Isreal was affected by it and they would have a downfall.

Sorry for the rant...not like me... but it needs to be said.


No comments: