Monday, August 22, 2011

What makes a great leader?

After class tonight I though about this. I am not for certain the true answer but here are some of my thoughts:

  1. It's is God given.
  2. Great leaders realize their weaknesses and enlist others to strengthen them.
  3. Leaders listen - Hearing others ideas can spark innovation.
  4. Leaders learn - If you thing you are born with it all you are going to fall. (WOW that rhymes)
  5. Leaders effectively communicate - The can get on board know how.
  6. Leaders are humble - The minute pride enters the picture others exit.
I am absolutely sure there are many other things that can and will be on this list. I believe though a leader may be born with the abilities but they will only take them so far. It is realizing you are not as big as you think you are and learning everything you can.

No comments: