Friday, July 29, 2011

The Hills of Bethel


Genesis 12:8



8 From there he went on toward the hills east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. There he built an altar to the LORD and called on the name of the LORD.




After the Lord speaking to Abram about the promise of Canaan, he set off toward the hills. In this verse it seems like a brief pause and then onward. Here is where Abram built and altar in the name of the Lord. Abram is becoming a great altar builder for sure. Abram is totally dependent on God during this travel. His worship moments seem to be almost thankful for the guidance that God has given him.


I think I might need to learn a lesson or two from this. Maybe I should begin to have these road side altar services in life. God you have been merciful, gracious and loving in my life and I praise you for it. We have made it this far and I know we will make it further.





No comments: