Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hello self

Starting a blog article after months of silence is difficult.  I sit blankly with my fingers on the keyboard attempting to figure out a clever or serious start.  After all, we have all been taught that the first sentence should grab the reader's attention.  It is then I realize that my blog is really more for me than anyone else.  So hello self.

Life sure has changed over the last 4-5 years and God has filled it with laughter, tears, challenges and triumphs.  Throughout all these moments in time I often wonder what God is up to.  What is God trying to tell me?  Am I on the right/wrong track?  Why the roller coaster of events?  These questions flood my mind in an attempt to make sense of it all.  An intelligent person would know that we won't always know.  So, maybe I need to pretend to be intelligent. 

12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. (Philippians 3:12-14) Maybe, just maybe, I need to stop looking back and fix my eyes ahead. What is God doing?  Where does he want me to jump in?  What has he entrusted to me?  Those questions are forward thinking and, according to the brief passage above, need to be my focal point.  I know these things lie ahead:

  • A continual growing relationship with Christ.
  • A continual growing and love filled marriage with my wonderful wife.
  • Four great children that God has entrust me with.  It is my calling to raise them according to God's direction for our family.
  • Family outside of our home and investing in the time we have.
  • Ministry outside of our home.  That definition is ever changing but involves church, missions and work.

These are the things I know.  The rest will come as God places it before me.  It is my goal to not get held back by the past but push forward toward the future.

x

No comments: