Sunday, June 26, 2011

ABC, FISH, Romans Roads and etc

Tonight in small groups we discussed sharing the faith with others. This is one area that us as Christians have made more difficult that it should be. I have always thought that tracks (although helpful) have become our own gospel to witnessing. In some ways that is actually scary. Many times people will say "In you say these words you will be saved". That is not fully true. It is a heart cry that brings us to the throne of God. Words just don't cut it. Sharing our faith is simply sharing what Christ has done in us. When we actually get this the fear of witnessing seems to disappear.

I believe this is the shortest salvation acceptance in the Bible:

42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.” (Luke 23:42-44)

There is more in this conversation but you can see the actual heart cry of the thief.

No comments: