Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I try not to be prideful

...but I have to brag about this.

This afternoon I went into our conference/classroom in the advantage building to help set up for the night. The professor for this class always comes in early to prepare and have everything ready. MCU had been without internet all day so the current set up would not work for the class.

First I went and procured a EVO (phone with wireless internet we use for registrations). I took this phone and set it up as our wireless device.

Second I had to detach cords from the existing PC because it did not have wireless capabilities. I had to dig into a cabinet full of wires to figure out which one was the video and audio cables. This sounds simple enough and it usually is but there were all sorts of splitters in this cabinet.

Finally I took the professors laptop and hooked it up to the system (projector, smartboard and sound).

Although it looked like a corded nightmare it worked. At the end of class I was able to hook it all back the way it was before. That was actually my main worry. So yeah I just bragged a bit. I don't really care ...hehe.

No comments: