Friday, May 20, 2011

To Paducah and back again

Today I took off from work to get some things done around the house. We are beginning stage 2 of our remodel process of the house. I will be ripping up carpet and linoleum this weekend. Before doing that though we headed to Paducah for some things.

First we went to the mall for the sole purpose of getting Chloe's ears pierced. Instead of reading my semi literate sentences you should visit Buffy's blog for more details ( Click Here ). This is something Chloe wanted done. The end result was this:


I have decided to explain what happened next by using two elderly men:

  • We met elderly man number one while we were eating outside of Chick-fil-a. He had Alzheimer's Disease but was a sweet man. He came out and decided to entertain the kids by singing to them. He sang "We three kings" to the kids while his family watched in horror. His daughter explained his condition but we didn't really care. He was a sweet guy.

  • Now elderly man number two was the evil twin of the first man. When we were shopping at Sam's Club we encountered this guy. I rounded the corner with a buggy full of goods and kids following. When I saw the older man driving his cart I attempted to move out of the way. Instead the guy moves his cart our way. The reason being he was looking down and pushing his cart with little awareness of others. Finally I stop and he whizzes buy almost running in to us. I look back and he is shaking his head like we were issue. Here is where my flesh came into the picture. I looked over and said, "EXCUSE ME old man why don't you just run us over!". He then looks back and finally make eye contact and says, "Watch where you are going." I looked back and then bit my tongue. I thought to myself I was watching. If I hadn't we would have collided. I know I should have stayed quiet and just went on in life. But sometimes peoples overall hatred of life gets to me. I know there might be something bad going on in his life but let's try not to spread anger around.
Finally we headed home to begin the carpet removal phase. Stage one of removal is complete and tomorrow after soccer we will be ripping up the carpet that is on top of linoleum. That sounds like fun.

No comments: