Sunday, April 08, 2007

exanastasis??

Today in our youth bible study we were talking about Jesus' rising from the dead. It came into my head that so often we speak in a "Christian language". We go around saying phrases like:

  • Have you been washed in the blood of the lamb?
  • Are you sanctified?
  • I am redeemed!
  • I believe in the resurrection?
Saying these things makes a language that people that are not "in the know" would have a hard time understanding . Why would we want to speak in a code where others could not see Christ clearly? I don't mind using those words when we are in a setting where it is an in depth bible study with Christians. I will now translate those 4 statements or questions:

  • Are you a Christian?
  • Are you a Christian?
  • I am a Christian!
  • I believe Jesus died and rose from the dead.
I know that some of those words have more meaning but the idea is that we need to speak a lauguage that is easy to understand. If not we are saying words that people need to Google to figure out. Just like the title word. That is translated to "resurrection".

No comments: